Help Us Fight West Nile
Mosquitoes (some carrying the West Nile Virus) primarily come from standing water around your home.
What you can do:
- Throw away all trash that can hold water (cans, jars, bottles, etc.)
- Clean rain gutters and downspouts to prevent water from standing in gutters or on flat roofs
- Change water in bird baths, wading pools, etc. at least once a week.
- Maintain swimming pools properly
- Keep ditches and streams on or around property free of grass clippings, garbage, and other debris to insure proper flow
- Stack pails, barrels, tubs, wheelbarrows, and similar containers upside down
- Clean out and fill tree holes
- Stock ornamental ponds with goldfish or other surface-feeding fish
- Dispose of used tires properly
ELIMINATE ANY PLACE WATER CAN STAND STILL AND…YOU ELIMINATE MOSQUITOES!