~Siren testing is always the first Tuesday of each month~
Tornado Watch: This means that conditions are right for a tornado, be prepared to take cover if advised.
Tornado Warning: This means a tornado has been sighted in the area and to take cover immediately.
Severe spring and summer storms bring tornados, flooding, and lightening damage to many states across the country. It is strongly advised that you try to be prepared in the event of a storm, especially the lightening that often accompanies it. Here are some important safety tips to consider:
- Keep an eye on the sky. Look for darkening skies, flashing light, or increasing wind.
- Listen to the weather radio.
- Turn off your air conditioner.
- Draw blinds and shades over windows to prevent glass from shattering into your home.
- If you are in a mobile home or car and a tornado warning occurs, get out and find sturdier shelter.
- If someone is struck by lightening, call 911 and begin CPR if necessary. They do not hold an electrical charge.