It’s that time of the year again. Public Works has turned in their leafing equipment for plow blades.
Snow Plowing Schedule:
- First, main streets and main intersections are plowed and salted.
- Next, public facilities, public parking and sidewalks for residents and school children.
- Then, side streets and cul-de-sacs are cleared.
- Finally, alleys are cleared.
This prioritization allows the Village to provide plowing service in the safest, most efficient manner.
- NO PARKING ON THE STREETS AFTER TWO INCHES OF SNOW
- Ordinance 3-O-2008 and Title 11, Chapter 5D, Section 2(B) of the Village Code Book
- “It shall be unlawful to park any vehicle on any public street in the Village at any time within twelve (12) hours after a snowfall of two inches (2”) or more has occurred.”
- Public Works cannot be called to clear private property or driveways. Please be courteous to your neighbors and motorists; do not shovel snow back into the streets.