Utility Bills

What is the Utility Bill?
Utility bills reflect the cost of maintaining underground sewer lines, snow removal, garbage removal, along with branch and leaf pickup. It also covers all the property maintenance of village properties, parks, retention and detention ponds, village properties and easements.

Utility bills for sewer and garbage services are processed through the Village of Willow Springs Clerk’s Office. Village ordinance requires all properties to receive sewer and refuse service; you cannot opt to discontinue these services.

When do the bills come out/due?
Residential utility bills are mailed out bi-monthly by the Clerk’s office at the end of every odd month (January, March, May, July, September, November) and are due on the 20th of every even month (February, April, June, August, October, December).

Payment is due before or on the due date by 5 p.m. Any payments received after 5 p.m. on the due date are considered late (this includes payment dropped in the drop box after 5 p.m.).

Which amount do I pay?
If paid before or on the due date by 5 p.m., the amount due is the Net Amount. If paid after the due date, pay the Gross Amount.

How can I pay for my bill?

  • Pay in-person at Village Hall (cash, check, credit or debit cards) during normal business hours
  • Drop payment off in drop box outside of Village Hall 24/7
  • Mail in payment with return stub to 1 Village Circle, Willow Springs, IL 60480
  • Utilize your bank’s online banking options
  • Sign up for automatic payment using this form: Direct Debit Form for Utility Billing
  • Pay online www.willowsprings-il.gov/payments

What if I pay late?
If paid after the due date, a 10% late fee will be assessed and reflected on your next bill. A late fee will accumulate as long as there is a balance due on the account. Excessive past due balances will result in a lien on the property.

Late fees are automatically assessed to past-due accounts and cannot be waived for any reason. No exceptions.

I am new to town. What do I need to do?
Welcome! If you just moved to town, please stop in to the Village Clerk’s office as soon as possible to set up your utility bill account. You will need your closing papers and a valid form of identification. While you are here, the Clerk’s office will provide you with all the information you need to know being a new resident.

If you are renting, you do not need to come in. By Village ordinance, the billing account is required to stay in the homeowners name. The homeowner is responsible for working out utility bill payments with their renter.

I am moving out of town. How do I close my account?
Please call the Village Clerk’s office as soon as you have a closing date to schedule a final bill calculation.

To calculate a final bill and close your account, the Clerk’s office will need:

  • property address
  • current property owner’s name and phone number
  • closing date
  • new address to send final bill
  • buyer’s information if available

Is there a discount for Senior Citizens?
Senior citizens 65 years and older are eligible to receive a senior discount on the refuse portion of their bill. To receive this discount, the property owner must be at least 65 years old and bring his/her photo I.D. into the Village Clerk’s office.

Can I go on a payment plan?
Payment plans for utility bills are available for qualifying accounts. Payment plans must be discussed in person at the Village Clerk’s office. Please call the Clerk’s office if you wish to set up an appointment.

Who do I talk to if I still have questions regarding my bill?
For questions regarding utility billing, the Village Clerk’s office will be happy to assist you. Call (708) 467-3700.